WHERE TO STAY
We found affordable summer Cabins and Lodging near Yellowstone National Park
When visiting Lamar Valley in Yellowstone National Park, there are several options for lodging that offer great opportunities for viewing wildlife in the area. Here are some of the best places to stay
- Silver Gate Lodging: Silver Gate is located just outside the park's northeast entrance and is a popular base for exploring Lamar Valley. The area is known for its wildlife, including wolves and grizzly bears, and guests staying at Silver Gate often report sightings from their cabins.
- They offer a variety of lodging options, including Silver Gate Cabins, Pine Edge Cabins, Whispering Pines, and the Range Rider Lodge, which can accommodate different group sizes and budgets.Staying at Silver Gate Lodging would offer you convenient access to Lamar Valley and other popular attractions in the park, such as Yellowstone's Northern Range, the Beartooth Highway, and the Lamar Valley Wolf Project. Additionally, the charming town of Cooke City is just a few minutes away, offering dining and shopping options for visitors.
Overall, Silver Gate Lodging is a great option for visitors who want to explore Lamar Valley and the surrounding areas, while enjoying comfortable and convenient accommodation.
Over 10 properties and/or other lodging options closest to Lamar Valley for a perfect wildlife viewing hotspot. Yellowstone National Park is a top destination during the summer holidays in the United States and with that comes lots of traffic.
Experience Yellowstone from a more relaxed, less crowded viewpoint and immerse yourself in wildlife viewing. Lamar Valley is famous for playing host to wolf packs, bison, elk, and many more animals.
Other lodging options further awat from Lamar Valley include:
- Roosevelt Lodge Cabins: The cabins at Roosevelt Lodge are located just a few miles from Lamar Valley and offer a rustic and immersive experience in the park. The area surrounding the lodge is known for its wildlife, including bison, elk, and bears.
- Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins: This historic hotel is located in the northern part of the park, close to Lamar Valley. The area is known for its abundant wildlife, including bison, elk, and wolves, and visitors staying at the hotel often have the opportunity to view these animals from the hotel's terrace.
- Canyon Lodge and Cabins: This modern accommodation is located in the heart of the park and is a great base for exploring Lamar Valley and other popular areas. The area surrounding the lodge is known for its wildlife, including wolves and bison.
Overall, choosing the best place to stay for viewing wildlife in Lamar Valley will depend on your preferences and priorities. All of these options provide great opportunities for observing wildlife in the park, and each has its unique advantages and drawbacks.
Range Riders Lodge
A large log cabin with multiple rooms, a comfortable lounge, and a bar. Click on the link and book a room via Airbnb!
This property is located in the town of Silver Gate, MT just outside the North East Gate Entrance of Yellowstone Park
Clean, easily accessible motel rooms in the town of Silver Gate, MT. General Store next door with hot coffee and other essentials.
The Loft is also located in the town of Silver Gate, MT across the street from the Motel Rooms. Probably the best view in town overlooking majestic mountain peaks.
The Back Cabin is a stand-alone cabin that can host up to 6 guests. Enjoy the well-equipped kitchen to make delicious meals for family or friends.
Come visit this quaint community of cabins in the forest just outside Yellowstone National Park. Located less than a mile from the park gate entrance it serves as an ideal location for easy access to Lamar Valley which is well known for spectacular wildlife viewing.
Pine Edge Cabins
Pine Edge Cabins is located in the town of Silver Gate, MT. Nestled between the mountains this beautiful location is a gateway to Lamar Valley in the park. Less than 1 mile from the northeast gate entrance.
A huge private house perfect for large groups of people traveling from or to Yellowstone National Park. This house can comfortably sleep up to 10 guests. 2 Large bathrooms, a full kitchen, a living room, and a dining room.
The House at Pine Edge
Large house located in Silver Gate, MT. Sleeps 8 guests with a large kitchen, living room, and dining room. Walking distance from the Silver Gate general store.
Comfortable cabin located just outside the northeast gate entrance to Yellowstone. Sleeps 4 guests.
Silver Gate Cabins
As the name suggests, Silver Gate Cabins in the town of Silver Gate, MT consists out of 8 cabins that sleep between 4 and 6 people depending on the cabin. Book early for summer stays.